Sunday 6 July 2014

Relaxed Friday nights with ‘The Comforter’ Lush




A few weeks ago I took a trip back to Mancunian land to get my hair done and after I took myself on a mini shopping spree to Lush to get some face masks and bath bombs to indulge on weekends when I am wanting a bit of TLC.

Regrettably I haven’t done a blog posting for a whole week as things have been super hectic at the moment. Unfortunately I am still looking for full-time employment and with my tenancy agreement ending on my flat in Huddersfield, it only meant one thing, I had to take the plunge and move back in with my parents for the meanwhile until I can secure that all important job which can pay enough to get me an apartment in Manchester. I moved out of my student flat this Thursday and from the start it was a nightmare. We had to make two trips because of the amount of clothes I have and when I arrived back to Mancunian land Thursday, everything was everywhere in my room and I didn’t even have any space on my bed.

The Friday just gone was spent clearing things out and making room so I could fit a few things in my wardrobe. On top of this I also have my graduation, my 21st birthday, my mum’s birthday, meals out and a photo-shoot to organise in less than a month which I really need to get organising A.S.A.P.

Friday night I was feeling so exhausted, I needed some pamper time so I ran myself a lovely bath and cut a small piece off the comforter and plonked it right in the water. Literally within a few minutes the water turned a stunning vibrant pink and my bathroom smelt like something from a sweet shop. A few minutes after this, whilst I wasn't paying attention as I was applying Lush Cupcake face-mask which I shall review in another post, I turned around and noticed my bath was filled high with bubbles and to be honest I started to giggle like a little child as I felt my youth had been relived because Friday nights was always bubble bath night.

Lush say, “Sometimes you just need to shut yourself off from the outside world under a blanket of fruity foam that will put you back in the right frame of mind to face the world. This bar is supersized, so you’ll only need to crumble half a bar under your tap to make enough bubbles for a long, comforting soak. Cassis absolute gives a distinctive blackcurrant fragrance, while bergamot adds an uplifting note.”

I personally believe this bar will last 3-4 times as if I had put half of the Comforter in the bath I think my bathroom may have been flooded with bubbles. I love how a little bit goes a long way with this bubble bar and priced at £4.50 it is really good for the money. (As I told the woman in the shop I was a blogger, I got The Comforter for free). However next time I would happily pay full price for this wonderful item. In all I would rate The Comforter a top 5/5!

What’s your favourite Lush bubble bar?


14 comments:

  1. I love Lush so much!

    -Katarina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same Katarina, definitely one of my top favourite brands! Thank you for the comment xo

      Delete
  2. This is super pretty and it turned the bath water a nice colour too!
    Good luck with the job-hunting :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love Lush products, especially those for bath - my favorite is the Sex Bomb - smelles amazing. Hope thing will work out for you.
    Hugs,
    Rally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the Sex Bomb in Lush but I chose to play it safe! I will be buying it on my next Lush haul :) Thanks for the comment xo

      Delete
  4. I have never been disappointed with anything I have gotten from Lush. Everything smells so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same Danni. Next on my list to buy is their body lotions! Thank you for the comment xo

      Delete
  5. I love lush but have never actually tried this bubble bar, though I smell it every time I'm in store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely would purchase the Bubble bar on your next visit to Lush! I love it :) Thank you for the comment xo

      Delete
  6. Loveeeee the purple and the bubbles!

    Kay ♡ imladiiekay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay :) I'm obsessed with bubble baths. Thank you for the comment xo

      Delete
  7. Awww, that all does sound really exhaustive so I don't blame you for wanting to relax and wind down. The Comforter is my fave Lush bubble bar, I just love the smell (Sweetie Pie shower jelly is the same if you don't have a bath). I also have one of the old solid perfumes in The Comforter scent, so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the recommendation of Sweetie Pie shower jelly. Luckily I have a bath at my parents house, although I have lived without one for 3 years as a student!! However I take more showers than baths so I will be buying this next time I head to Lush xo

      Delete