Friday 16 August 2013

Neal’s Yard Remedies- product review


A few weeks ago, I was invited to a bloggers event at the Manchester, Neal’s yard Remedies store and luckily I received a goody bag full of some of their best products to try.

Due to ill health I have neglected my blog and I haven’t posted since the blogger. Finally after feeling a bit perkier, I have managed to test out every product. So as promised here’s the review.

What I received:
·         Organic facial wipes to remove make up
·         White tea facial mist
·         Wild rose beauty balm
·         Hibiscus (Brown/ golden eye shadow
·         Damask Rose lip-gloss

As I wear make- up practically every day, unless I decide to hit the gym, the organic facial wipes were opened the night I received them. They were an absolute god send compared to most facial wipes on the high street. The wipes were extra soapy which meant my make up removed straight away without having to scrub my face. Priced at £5.50 for 25 wipes, they are around 2-3 pounds dearer than other wipes, but they are worth every penny. The morning after my face felt soft and refreshed.
As I mentioned in my blog post about the Neal’s yard Remedies event, the brand is a British organic brand which believe in creating beauty products without parabens and synthetic fragrances. Parabens can be very ageing and damaging to our skin, so Neal’s Yard Remedies are the perfect product to use to beat premature ageing and look after our skin.

The white tea facial mist is for all face types and says it re-hydrates and refreshes skin. A few weeks ago the heat wave was almost unbearable, especially if you had to walk around in the heat which meant my foundation felt slightly runny. However with a quick spritz of the facial mist which smells of heavenly lavenders and fresh flowers, my face felt cool and hydrated. Although I drink gallons of water every day, hydrating your skin on the outside is just as important as the inside. This product is priced at £11 for 45 ml. I think it is an essential purchase to get your skin through the summer heat.
The wild rose beauty balm comes with a cloth and a guide of how to use the product at its best. As I have been busy I have only just tried this a few days ago. I chose to try the Balancing facial mask. Firstly I washed my face with cold water and then splashed it with some warm water. I lightly covered my face with the beauty balm and heated the cloth and placed it over my face. I repeated heating the cloth again. After 5 minutes I removed the cloth and had a relaxing 20 minutes lie down. The wonderful rose scent of the product had me relaxed in no time. Once I was done I removed the balm with a warm cloth and splashed my face with cold water. Instantly my face looked more radiant and glowing than it has done for a while, plus it felt silky smooth. The balm is priced at £37.00 for 50g. Personally I believe this is quite expensive for a student like myself on a budget but this is a very indulgent product and once I run out, I may have a naughty shopping spree in Neal’s Yard Remedies.

I also received some eye shadow, named Hibiscus which is a golden brown colour. Personally I am a sucker for the smoky eye effect and I have never worn brown eye shadow before, but this is the perfect colour for a very natural daytime look. And guess what? I rarely leave the house without a swish of the eye shadow on. The golden shiny colour really brings out my golden brown eyes. I have even had a few compliments for slightly changing my make- up look. This is priced at £12 for 2mg which may seem expensive for only one colour. However if you pick a very neutral colour such as this, it will get you through the 5 day working week. You don’t need very much of the powder either to fill your eyelids.

Finally I received a tube of Damask rose lip-gloss. I usually use clear lip glosses to get me through the day, but it was a nice change wearing a gloss with a hint of pink. This is priced at £9.50 for a 15ml tube. I wouldn't be personally buying this product again as I like to try a new lip-gloss each time, but it certainly tasted great, not that I eat lip-gloss or anything and it made my lips smooth and kept them hydrated.
If you want to buy any of the products mentioned then take a browse on the Neal’s Yard Remedies website: http://www.nealsyardremedies.com/Eye-Care?&page=1&q=Eye-Care

Have you used Neal’s Yard Remedies products?

Miss Vintage Vibe aka

Siobhan Marie 

1 comment:

  1. I really need to try some of these products, they sound amazing :)

    Kerys | Little Bo Blab
    -xo

    ReplyDelete