Tuesday 4 March 2014

Asos- Figure hugging velvet dress


The weekend just seemed to slip away and before I knew it, it was time to attend lectures and seminars at university after having a busy but more relaxed time during my reading week. In the past few weeks, I haven’t really been out on the town properly where I could dress up and show off my new outfit. As my readers know I have only just recently had a break up after three years of being in a relationship so it’s been a tough time and I finally wanted to show the world I’m back.

I live in Huddersfield and as it’s a fairly cheap night out and I live close to town, myself and a few friends wanted a nice night out to relax and forget about our worrying troubles of finishing our degrees.
A few weeks back I was having a nosy on Asos when I came across a gorgeous figure hugging velvet look burgundy dress but to my horror, it had sold out of my size.

 A few days later I was online when an advertisement popped up showing the same dress again because I had clicked on it previously. I took my chances to see if they could have possible restocked a few more size 8’s and to my surprise, they had. I didn't waste a second and within a flash I had ordered the sweetheart neckline dress for an incredible £27.00 with student discount.


Finally after a few weeks waiting, the opportunity came to go on a night out and of course I couldn't refuse. It was the perfect chance to team my dress with the Primark heels I mentioned in an earlier post. One of my girly friends let me lend a lovely statement necklace for the night which she had bought from Venice and I took this cute vintage box bag which I received as a gift for Christmas from Topshop.


I painted my lips red and gave my eyes a smoky effect too to finish my look. It’s safe to say though, the morning after I looked nothing like I did in the photos and I was fighting off a very aggressive hangover but it was worth it.

Dress- Asos
Necklace- Venice- Unknown shop
Bag- Topshop

Heels- Primark

Have you ordered anything from Asos recently?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think the dress was worth every penny as it looks more expensive than what it actually was! xo

      Delete